Eric on The Road

Journeys into the offbeat, off the beaten path, overlooked and forgotten - by Eric Model

Friday, March 10, 2006

Why this blog

For years I have been writing and speaking about things of the beaten path. For the most part these efforts have consisted of reports about festivals and events around the United States and Canada.

This blog adds a new more personal dimension.

It is a place to comment about the events or news that I write and speak about. It can be more free flowing. It is as much about prompting thought and dialogue as it is about information and entertainment. We do not here attempt to capture the essence of what is "On The Road", but rather what is on our mind about what is "On The Road".

As in our prior efforts, "The Road" of which we speak is as much a perception as it is a reality. I tend to be an armchair traveler as much as a physical traveler. Moreover, these journeys area apt to be in places and times in the past, and to some places I have never been to. Others may be to places as physically elusive as one of my favorite spots: Lake Wobegan.

So, we hope you fasten your seat beat and join us on these occasional journeys. What I also hope to enjoy about this blog is that there are no regular editions - there need not be a no posting every week or every month. However, given all the thoughts kicking aroubd the recesses of this mind, I am likely going to want to visit often. But this is probably as close as I am ever going to feel to be retired - you know the person who can get up whenever they want, go where ever they want, and do whatever they want to do. Here I am free to post when I wish and go where I please - that is until one of the kids calls me to take me away from the keyboard - and I am brought back to the reality of everyday life in New Jersey.

But in the meantime, "Happy Motoring !".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home