Eric on The Road

Journeys into the offbeat, off the beaten path, overlooked and forgotten - by Eric Model

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Joe Torre's Departure

I'm sad but I'm relieved.

Once a loyal Yankee fan as a kid, I've had mixed feelings over these past few years.

Don't much like the modern day Yankees, but had to respect and admire Joe Torre and his classy team. Bernie Williams, Jeter, Tito, O'Neil, Mariano, Petite - hard to hate them. It was especially hard to hate Joe Torre.

I'm sad to see it end for him in the Bronx.

But I'm so glad - let's see what they become now. They might win, but they've lost alot of class in the clubhouse.

As to the corporate suites that class his long been gone.

Oh, it's so much easier to root against the Yanks than it was yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home