Eric on The Road

Journeys into the offbeat, off the beaten path, overlooked and forgotten - by Eric Model

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Racing car museum opens in Philadelphia (AP)

From The Associated Press through USA Today:

The Simeone Foundation Museum showcases racing cars going all the way back from before World War I, right up to a 21st century NASCAR model. Many of the museum's cars are displayed in dioramas that consist of blown-up photos of the places and races where the vehicles competed. The collection includes cars from Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats, Italy's 1,000-mile Mille Miglia, the French Le Mans 24-hour endurance competition, and Watkins Glen, N.Y., the Finger Lakes town that helped revive sports car racing in the U.S. after World War II.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2008-06-18-philadelphia-car-museum_N.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My husband and I love racing cars. We recently went to Thruxton Motorsport and had an experience we both will never forget. I opted for the Lamborghini LP640 and although it was expensive, I had the time of my life.
I still have goose-bumps even now.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home